John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am new to this forum, and have already found a lot of useful information.

I own a 2005 HPX Diesel and am currently having charging problems.

I have purchased a new alternator and am in the process of installing it.

I got the wiring diagram from John Deere. There are two wires that go into a plug on the back side of the alternator, a yellow one, and a brown one. These are suppose to be in a conncetor. For some reason, someone before me cut the plug off. I am looking for someone that knows which wire goes to which prong.

Thanks for any help on this matter.

·
Registered
195 Posts
the yellow wire is the exiter wire and goes to the A terminal, Brown goes on the B terminal for the dash discharge light. Hope that helps. Also welcome aboard the forum!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's exactly what I needed to know. Thank you very much!
Just to be clear, when the alternator is bolted on, the horizontal spade is for the brown wire (discharge light) and the vertical spade is for the yellow (key switch). Correct?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fixed, running and charging.

I bought an aftermarket alternator that was an exact match. And it was a fraction of the cost. I still could not find the alternator connector for the charge light wire and ignition wire. So I got some insulated spade connectors and plugged them in. Wired the rest of it up and started it up. Volt meter showed 14.89 volts when I pushed on the accelerator pedal. Thanks for your help on this matter!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts