John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please tell me what replacement bulb I would need for my 855d s4. Someone said 881 but I can find no info about it. Can't find a cross reference on superbright for a gator, no gators and deere wants a home remortgage for theirs, lol. I've seen discussions on here about them but no specific number I can use. Cheap stuff on ebay but no gator bulbs listed. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Just Google "881 led headlight bulbs no fan". Lots to choose from. The results will give you two basic options; fan and no fan. You want the no fan as the flying dirt will clog regular fan units as they are made for more protected locations in cars. Halogen 881s put out about 900 lumens. The LEDs go up to 4000 lumens (fan) and 2800 lumens (no fan). I've been running the later in my 855D for some time. They tend to run 2 years or so before starting to flicker. Newer stuff is likely better. Make sure you look at the specs. DO NOT get the usual fog/DRL types as they put out 900-1500 lumens while pulling 8-10 watts. Obviously no problem pulling more power.

Check out: https://www.amazon.com/VehiCode-Light-Conversion-Headlight-Bulbs/dp/B07P8Y493C

They say DRL but the output is 2750 lumens/bulb. I'll likely try these next time as the install is more tidy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just Google "881 led headlight bulbs no fan". Lots to choose from. The results will give you two basic options; fan and no fan. You want the no fan as the flying dirt will clog regular fan units as they are made for more protected locations in cars. Halogen 881s put out about 900 lumens. The LEDs go up to 4000 lumens (fan) and 2800 lumens (no fan). I've been running the later in my 855D for some time. They tend to run 2 years or so before starting to flicker. Newer stuff is likely better. Make sure you look at the specs. DO NOT get the usual fog/DRL types as they put out 900-1500 lumens while pulling 8-10 watts. Obviously no problem pulling more power.

Check out: https://www.amazon.com/VehiCode-Light-Conversion-Headlight-Bulbs/dp/B07P8Y493C

They say DRL but the output is 2750 lumens/bulb. I'll likely try these next time as the install is more tidy.
Thank you so much. That is very clear info. I'm on it.

Thank you, my friend. Great, straight forward answer with no guesswork.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Amazon
JDM ASTAR Bright White Max 50W High Power 881 LED Fog Light Bulbs
Works great in JD xuv865m
Amazon
LUYED 2 X 1700 Lumens Extremely Bright 1156 4014 102-EX Chipsets 1156 1141 1003 7506 LED Bulbs Used for Backup Reverse Lights,Xenon White
Backup, brake replaced works great and realy bright.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts