John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at buying a gator and have found both a 620inand 625i, anyone know of any major problems with either been doing a lot of research and cant make my mind up!? Any info or input would be great! Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any reasons why it won't last from frequent start/stops? I have heard of people having transmission problems with the 550? I like the 825 but they are out of my price range. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
It is due to the nature of the engine. I forgot the technical reason behind it. In this case the Chinese engine beats the japanese one. It is like if you do not do parking lot patrolling the engine would be just fine, otherwise the gasket or sty cannot hold up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I wouldn't be worried about a 625i at all. Of all the gators coming into the shop the ones I see the least are the 625i and 825. I have seen them with high hours from guys that chase cattle with them every day, they look like they have gone to hell and back and run great.

So far I have yet to see a 625i need an engine replacement/rebuild in our shop, and we sell a LOT of gators. Maybe jdturf has had another experience with them.

Plus, I think they are the best sounding gator!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts