John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:DAdded a new toy took about 10 hours to install.
Used Super ATV winch mount with recovery hooks.
Ramsey 3000lb with in cab switch plus wireless remote..:D

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nice!
I have the factory installed winch, but didn't like the fact that the only control was the 'wired' remote hand controller that plugged in inside the glove box. Its nice to be able to get out of the rig and control the winch, like with your wireless.
I wired up a dash mounted switch that parallels the connector plugf in the glovebox. This way, I have a choice.
How much was the Ramsey?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got it for $400.00 Plate was $49.00 only thing with the plate is it needs to come with some Super ATV Stickers..

·
Registered
904 Posts
Warn used to sell a Wireless set up you could add to most winches. It should work on the factory setup (cause Deere winches are Warn). Check at the contactor, if it has to wires with plugs coming out the side, it will work.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Warn used to sell a Wireless set up you could add to most winches. It should work on the factory setup (cause Deere winches are Warn). Check at the contactor, if it has to wires with plugs coming out the side, it will work.
They still do, I was checking them out on amazon.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I picked mine up a few years ago from the Honda dealer. It sat on the shelf for a while, so I picked it up cheap. You have a positive and negative hook up, unplug your rocker switch from the contactor, plug the wireless into the contactor, and then the rock switch into the wireless. Programming the remote is as simple as pressing buttons.

I had a RT30 on a Honda ATV that I added the wireless to. My Gator has the XT30 that came with a synthetic rope and wireless controller.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts