John Deere Gator Forums banner

New From NC

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Bunky 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I've been lurking around here some, and decided to join up so I could ask some questions about the RSX850i. We have an 825 on the farm, and it gets it's use, but I need/want something to have fun on the trails with, as well as hunting and working around the house. My user name was supposed to say dieselnut, but... didn't catch that during registration. Look forward to learning here. I've been looking for a sporty sxs for sometime now, and have shopped for RZR's for a long time. But after reading and researching the RSX, I think it'll be a better fit for my family and I. I like the rzr for the aftermarket support and agility, but the bed on them is just to small for me. Can barely fit an ice chest. I'm hoping aftermarket support picks up on the RSX, I have a serious problem with leaving anything stock, and it won't change when I purchase one of these. Thinking lift, tires, tuner, exhaust.. would love forward and arched a-arms, but can't find any without spending thousands on a full blown lift kit. There are some sick looking rigs on here, looking forward to learning more about them!

#2 ·
welcome to the forum! which part of NC r u from?

#6 ·
Welcome. I'm the same way when it comes to leaving things stock. I hope arched A arms come out soon, I really want some on my Deere.

#7 ·
I talked with Jody at Outkast Fabworx last night briefly and asked him about doing a set for the RSX. He said he would be if he needed to. So if anyone is near Tifton Georgia, they should look him up. He has a facebook page too under Outkast Fabworx

#8 ·
Outkast work wonders with the Rzrs. Haven't thought to contact them yet, depending on his reply I may have to make a trip to GA. Whole lot closer to Alabama than Longview Texas.

#9 ·
You should give him a call and take your rsx to him. How high are you wanting to lift it? When I get one, I probably won't go any higher than 4", and just run a 29.5 term.

Being that you ride a lot of trails and mud, how has yours held up? From reading on here, seems like theres quit a few people are having issues with water

#10 ·
No troubles so far. Only user error related, axles and the such. A 4" is definitely what I had in mind.

#11 ·
I am sure a mod could fixed your username if you really wanted to be dieselnut.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.