John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2019 XUV835M came with the tempered glass windshield and windshield wiper already attached. Noticed today when the windshield got dirty that the windshield washer fluid didn’t come out. So I took off the panel where the battery is and the windshield washer tank is suppose to be and there isn’t one. Nothing under the hood either. My question is if it has a windshield and wiper attached and the button on the dash says to push up to sparky washer fluid then why it doesn’t have the tank on it? Is this an extra I have to buy?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,659 Posts
I believe the washer kit is sold separately on the “M” model.

·
Registered
763 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
I too think it is sold separately on the “M” models. The “R” models comes with everything just shy of the kitchen sink. The switch for the wiper is the same switch used weather you have the water kit or not. It is a two stage switch. First click stays on, press again for momentary washer fluid. If you have the washer fluid kit, you would also have the port on the hood where the fluid sprays out onto the windshield. At least that where it is on mine. I have an 825i.

·
Super Moderator
2,659 Posts
Well crap. Looks like i will be buying a tank. Thanks for all the responses

Check out Green Farm Parts for the purchase of the kit.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My 835M came with poly carbonate windshield. Was tempered glass windscreen an option or has there been a change made ? My M did not come with windshield washer tank either..it is standard equip on the R but not on the M.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Manual says windshield is poly, vs. glass, and tells you how to clean it.

Manual consulted: OMUC13636

From the manual:

Cleaning Windshield
Avoid damage! Some cleaning compounds may attack the polycarbonate material, resulting in cracks that weaken the material.

Never use compounds that contain substances such as ammonia, gasoline, lacquer thinner, and turpentine.

Use of abrasive cleaners on windshield may cause damage.

Never use substances such as acetic acid, acetone, benzene, benzyl alcohol, brake fluid, butyric acid, carbon tetrachloride, ethyl ether, methyl alcohol, phenol, sodium sulfide, sodium hydroxide, sodium nitrate, trichloroethylene, toluene, xylene, or petroleum products.

The windshield and windscreen are a polycarbonate material which is softer, but stronger than, glass.

The following cleaning agents are compatible with polycarbonate when used according to the manufacturer’s recommendations: Formula 409® (without ammonia), Joy®, Ultra Palmolive® Original, Top Job®, Mr. Clean®, and Fantastik®.

Rinse as much loose dirt off as possible with warm water and a soft cloth or sponge before washing.

Wash with mild soap or detergent and rinse thoroughly with clean water.

Cleaning in direct sunlight causes streaking on surface.

Thoroughly dry windshield with a chamois or moist sponge to prevent water spots.

Polishing or Waxing Windshield
Minimize scratches and minor abrasions with a mild automobile polish.

Test effectiveness of polish or wax in a small corner of windshield before using on entire windshield.

·
Super Moderator
2,659 Posts
Hey Brad, I noticed the GTT code on checkout. Is that a promo code, and can we use it?

I need an air filter.

Thanks

Yes this is a promo code.

Green Farm Parts sponsors the Green Tractor Talk (GTT) forum. They have graciously allowed members of other John Deere forums to use the promo code on checkout.

Better yet join Green Tractor Talk this group has a ATV/UTV section. This group is fantastic!

https://www.greentractortalk.com

·
Super Moderator
2,659 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,659 Posts
thank you deere john
brad hill yes mine says tempered glass on the left front corner of the windshield its not poly

Do you recall adding the tempered glass as a attachment?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thank you deere john
brad hill yes mine says tempered glass on the left front corner of the windshield its not poly

Do you recall adding the tempered glass as a attachment?
I didn’t order it. The gator was on the lot. But I did see it is on the attachment list.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mine says the same on the windshield, and other windows, and I did not request it to be added as an attachment. I do not see that as an attachment or option.

Perhaps tempered glass is a category of windshield that will not shatter -- indicating so for rescue personnel needing to break windows for extrication of occupants seated only inches from it. It may not necessarily indicate otherwise the composition or material, rather the safety-related characteristics only.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Tempered glass does indeed shatter, albeit in a more safe form. Normal glass has lots of shards. Tempered glass shatters in small nuggets. Automotive windshields have two layers of tempered glass with a clear silicone like filler in between. It retains the shattered glass to keep it from flying. I'd have to nudge the grommet back a bit to see if it is single pane or double pane. Hopefully it's the later.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks Cap. To the point, however, the manual says the windshield is polycarbonate. StephenC makes the point that his says Tempered Glass, as does mine. Could Tempered Glass be a category, versus the actual material. Have a feeling this won't be resolved until someone talks with JD.

I will.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts