John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a brand new gator 825 delivered today, My son drove it for five minutes and it quit while pulling a wire drag around a level field I had just sowed with grass seed.. DISAPPOINTED IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Its under warranty, you're fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
wow, that would really make me mad to. I hope you got ahold of your dealer and see what he says. I hope you get it fixed fast. good luck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called the dealer immediately and a mechanic was sent, upon his arrival, he went over the machine and simply could not find the problem. The dealership roll-back truck picked it up this morning. No one seems to have a clue what went wrong with it as the pick-up driver said it was the talk of the shop coffee pot this early morning..

This is not my first Gator, I started before the beginning with the introduction of the AMT 600, then there has been three other gators here since. The first had the six wheels and ran about 15 MPH and that would have been downhill.Then the first more sporter one, then the 825I for the last three years, then this new 4 seater 825I which lasted five minutes and five tenths of a mile..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its not good news after talking to the head mechanic at noon, Something broke in the engine,seems the motor is toast.. My dealer wont be back in till Monday and it wont be a fun Monday... Dont know about you folks but I didn't pay $14,500 for a new Gator to end up with one having a rebuilt motor.

·
Registered
250 Posts
You'll get a new complete engine. Warranty wont pay all that labor to rebuild one. A tear down and inspection will have to be done, then a new engine ordered. Done this many times with all kinds of machines.
Ask for a loaner while yours is laid up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hope your right about about replacing with a new motor..As to the loner ,yes they simply brought my old gator back this morning when they picked up the new one.. The new machine only had 5 miles on it , and four and a half of those was shop precheck testing , we here ran it just a few minutes and five tenths of a mile before it went.

·
Registered
483 Posts
It will be nice to know what failed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree Fred, I visited the dealership today as I was in town, Seems everyone's hands there are tied till the owner returns on Monday.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Made the trip to the dealer this morning, I know as little now as it did.. Deere has been contacted, it is a waiting game now.I asked for resolve by weeks end, meaning I want a machine that is new and actually runs.

Update; Deere is replacing the motor, complete new motor should arrive in three days, You were 100% right Excopterdoc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts