John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Nice and Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! Um......mods.............the list is long for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No its a custom roof made at a fab shop and I made the windshield. anybody have ideas for side windows??

·
Registered
904 Posts
No its a custom roof made at a fab shop and I made the windshield. anybody have ideas for side windows??

Funny that you mentioned side windows, we were thinking about those also while on our trip last week.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have the Mammoth soft doors on my machine. Not perfect, but it does keep the wind off of you. It's now the second season and they are getting a little scuffed up. However, I can buy another 3 pair for what Deere wants for their hard cab!

·
Registered
709 Posts
We sell from a group called Weidman Bros. and they offer soft side cabs with a scuff resistant vinyl. i think a full wrap (using a deere windshield) is like 599. I sold one to a customer and he said it really does a nice job cutting the wind.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replys..I still don't know wat I am gonna get...Does anyone have any trouble with gas gauge not working??

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yep, mine reads incorrectly. When it is full, the gauge shows full. However, after the tank uses about 3 gallons it shows empty or near empty. I haven't done anything about it because I just reset my trip-meter on every fill up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well my gas gauge never reads full it only gets about half full then it drops real fast then I fill it up and I only put like 2 gallon and the tank is full cant fill it up anymore... I called the dealer and he said a lot of gas gauges do the same

·
Registered
146 Posts
Sounds like a problem they need to do a PIP on. I would guess enough people need to post whether or not they are having a problem.

·
Registered
58 Posts
My fuel gauge is also inaccurate. Reads full when the tank is full, but the gauge drops much faster than the actual tank level.
I made a wooden stick with graduations to dip the tank with , just to double check while out on the trail. The tank is an irregular shape, but it is pretty straight on the side walls, which make dipping the tank fairly accurate.
When the gauge reads 3/8 full, the dip stick reads about 5/8 full

·
Registered
904 Posts
My gauge does the same thing. I was on the trail saying that I know it gets more mileage than what it is getting. Then we would top it off and be like, its no where near what the gauge says. I agree, Deere needs to get this fixed, its not a big problem, just annoying.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts