John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy 'yall. Just bought my Gator 850i in January. Love it to death but unfortunately the engine started knocking so it's back at the dealership as of today. Hopefully we'll get it fixed up right and this will just be a fluke. However, it is a little scary and there's not a lot of support out there for us JD boys like there is for the Can-Am's and RZR crowds which is how I found this forum. I'm hoping to meet other Gator owners and talk issues, parts, mods, etc. Glad to be here and look forward to talking with you guys and gals. Going to try and add some pics of it from when it was brand new and then a few other pics with diamond plate door inserts, roof, and rear winch plate that I've fabbed and put on so far. Looking forward to getting it back and moving on to a snorkel, lift, and tires.

Here's a link to my pics on Pinterest. I'm new to that too so bear with me if the link doesn't work:
Chris's 850i Gator Board on Pinterest

·
Registered
114 Posts
welcom to the forum, lots of good info here.

Nice job on the diamond plate mods.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a rzr and a gator, so its hard to choose what to play with. From what I have been seeing and reading its like the support all depends on the area, cause around here our dealer is great. You have joined a great place and there is some very knowledgeable ppl here. Look forward to the pics!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
What do you think of that windshield? I seen the same one for sale one amazon and am thinking about it. Just can't decide if I'd be better off saving up for the Deere one that flips up so then I have a half shield and a whole. Then I can take top half off. Go mudding put top back on and drive home. But its 350 more..

·
Registered
114 Posts
If you plan on doing a lot of riding, especially in the mud, that half windshield is very nice. I have no complaints about mine.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I have a half windshield, roof and a poly rear panel. That has really helped with dust in the cab as well as keeping debris from coming thru the front of the machine. Have had good luck with that so far.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What do you think of that windshield? I seen the same one for sale one amazon and am thinking about it. Just can't decide if I'd be better off saving up for the Deere one that flips up so then I have a half shield and a whole. Then I can take top half off. Go mudding put top back on and drive home. But its 350 more..
I like it because it's got the splash guard at the top and knocks the water back down and doesn't let it come over the top into the cab when you hit a hole. It was kind of tricky getting the diamond plate bent around it right but it ended up working well. Be warned that this particular windshield, because of the way it's formed at the top, may interfere with a stock John Deere roof according to the manufacturer. I just couldn't pass it up for $150.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a half windshield, roof and a poly rear panel. That has really helped with dust in the cab as well as keeping debris from coming thru the front of the machine. Have had good luck with that so far.
Where did you find the rear panel and how much was it if you don't mind?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts