John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening gentleman , wanted to thank you all for a great wealth of knowledge that i have gained over the last couple months lurking in the background.

I have question and hope , i have a 2012 825i that i purchase with 60 hrs on it mint condition and have had it out on the farm a couple times over the last month. this morning i thought i was in low gear ,after checking it was not, the RPM'S for the MPH were way to high. I checked and double checked all i knew to look at and saw no issues. All the linkage looked great .

Once i got it back to the shop i made sure there was no trash in the belt area and even went as far to loosed the top of the belt cover to look in with a flash light and all looked ok.

i can clearly tell the difference when a slight power brake it applied in low and high so i am sure it is not tranny related . It feels as if maybe it is slipping at high rpms and the rev limiter hit in high gear at a speed of about 25

hope this makes since and you can give me a little help. Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Without actually driving the machine, my first guess would be a belt problem. Can't see the belt being worn out at 60 hrs, but it may be glazed over and slipping. It will likely slip if it gets real wet as well.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Some thoughts on clutch

Hey...Just to let you know...I am no JD expert....Don’t even own one yet...it’s ordered though. First off, is it possible that your machine has the speed limiting kit that JD offers as an option installed?? Which I’m sure would account for hitting the rev limiter at low ground speed!!
If your certain that it is going into high range, then it may be clutch related.

Here are a few thoughts on CVT clutches...

#1 fly weight issue: (primary clutch) could be a sticking weight. This would reduce the clamping force (squeeze) on the belt....which would cause an over rev and belt slippage. Likely you would feel a vibration if this were the case.

#2 (secondary, driven) could there be an issue that is causing the clutch to not fully open...ie: bushing failure, ramp buttons, ect...

#3 Belt... I agree with a previous post of a glazed belt....or wet...likely not worn out with so few hours....

This are just a few easy things to check for, coming from my bazillion miles of riding and tuning sled clutchs....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts