John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, All!
I have just bought 2acres, moderate slope down to creek and boat slip. I am looking for the right Gator to transport older folks from the house to the creek and also to move my empty boat trailer (aluminum, tandem axle for my 22' center console boat) around on the lot. I favor the 550 small size and price.
I'd also like to be able to haul the gator around in the bed of my 4x4 F150.

I'd appreciate any comments and / or recommendations.

Thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like the 550 may be a great fit for you! If you need some extra people carrying, check out the S4 version of it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

Thanks for the welcome... do you know for sure the 550 will fit in the bed of an F150 super crew standard bed?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
yes it will fit shoot one member on here as had his 825i in the back of a long bed dodge 2500. just need to get different rear tires but the 550 and 850 are designed to load into a standard truck bed no problem

·
Registered
682 Posts
I'm going to be surprised if an XUV550 will fit in a standard bed pickup. It is 56.5" wide. Most pickup beds are barely wide enough to haul a 4' X 8' sheet of plywood.

https://www.deere.com/en_US/product...icles/crossover_utility_vehicles/550/550.page

It makes sense that different tires would work as Marcus said. You would only need 3" off each side. Measure your pick up bed between the fender wells to know for sure.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Its not gonna fit between the fender wells Doc all the pics iv seen of one have not had a tool box in the bed and the gator or sxs in question just drives over them and the front tires rest between the front of the bed and the fender wells

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its not gonna fit between the fender wells Doc all the pics iv seen of one have not had a tool box in the bed and the gator or sxs in question just drives over them and the front tires rest between the front of the bed and the fender wells
Thanks to all for the guidance!
Any recommendations on the best way or place to buy a used gator maybe an 825i?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts