John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to the forum, gator ownership and the doing work in general myself. Former city slicker that is preparing to live a more "self-sufficient" style of life. Acquired my first tools: riding mower, generator, etc...including a 6x4 diesel 1996 gator. I'll be using this forum to learn about how to fix and maintain the machine as well as acquire accessories and parts. Right now, I can't get the machine started after power washing the engine. Ignition key just makes something in engine click.

Look forward to interacting with you all.

Salil

·
Registered
339 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You'll see a lot of reads but since your gator represents a smaller percentage of what folk out there have, expect a lot of reads without comment. Getting a tech manual off eBay is usually a good start. From that point you can troubleshoot what appears to be an electrical problem. Cleaning up starter connections, making sure the battery is good, etc. are just the early steps. Many times on old machines, the ground strap gets corroded. Check your fuse block sockets for corrosion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts