John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new member from Missouri here.

I just bought a 2010 CX 4x2 with 540 hrs, runs great. I'm going to use it around my place for yard work etc and double duty to take deer hunting. So for the deer hunting use I would like to give it a couple more inches of ground clearance...anybody done that with the CX or have suggestions on how to do it on the CX?

I can't find any actual aftermarket coil spring spacers that claim to work with the CX but suspect that there are some that would work. Thanks for any feedback!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi all, new member from Missouri here.

I just bought a 2010 CX 4x2 with 540 hrs, runs great. I'm going to use it around my place for yard work etc and double duty to take deer hunting. So for the deer hunting use I would like to give it a couple more inches of ground clearance...anybody done that with the CX or have suggestions on how to do it on the CX?

I can't find any actual aftermarket coil spring spacers that claim to work with the CX but suspect that there are some that would work. Thanks for any feedback!
Howdy,

I was beginning to think I was the only CX member here!

I too, have looked around for aftermarket "stuff" for my 2012 CX. I'd like to put a "sunshade" + windshield on it. The JD model is pretty expensive.

I haven't really found a LOT of anything for it from either JD or other aftermarket sources.
You might be able to put spacers under the springs to lift it up a tad but you'd definitely run the risk of hitting upper limits in the suspension.

I live on a residential airpark and the CX is perfect for cruising all around it..... it's pretty flat around here so there's no real off-roading required other than driving around on the grass taxiways and runway (I am now the official Taxiway/Runway Inspector!)

Since the CX is really a "Green Golf Cart" you might check with some aftermarket EZGO/YAM/Club Car Etc suppliers and see if any of their stuff might be compatible.

How about a picture? I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours!!:D

Cheers,

Rick

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I didn't see much about CX on the forum so glad there's at least one other! I almost bought a lifted golf cart but the CX has better driving characteristics for off road and i don't need anything extreme in capability or price.

Yeah that's a good idea to check with the golf cart after market places. I'm thinking of no more than 2" lift should be enough for my purposes so may just try the spacers but thought if anyone else had tried it they could speak to any gotchas with lifting it - like tow and camber settings etc.

Here's my CX - looks strangely a lot like yours:)

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah, I didn't see much about CX on the forum so glad there's at least one other! I almost bought a lifted golf cart but the CX has better driving characteristics for off road and i don't need anything extreme in capability or price.

Yeah that's a good idea to check with the golf cart after market places. I'm thinking of no more than 2" lift should be enough for my purposes so may just try the spacers but thought if anyone else had tried it they could speak to any gotchas with lifting it - like tow and camber settings etc.

Here's my CX - looks strangely a lot like yours:)
Hmm.....They do look somewhat alike!! HOW CAN THAT BE!

I really like your tires! What size are they?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts