John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am a disabled Veteran and purchased my 6x4 Diesel back in '09. I have not done much to it in the way of additions but did just recently install a 2000lb winch as I am sick and tired of getting stuck with it. I would love to buy more aggressive tires in the future but hate the prices... So, that is it for now. I hope to get to know everyone a little more over time. I do currently have an issue with my machine and that is one of the reasons I found this forum. I will post my problem in its right section. Thanks, Gatorboy65

·
Registered
242 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
165 Posts
welcome to a VET

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service and sacrifice you gave to this great country. I've responded to your other post and I recently purchased some Dura knobby tires from atvtirestore.com, I hope that's right. I agree, prices seem pretty steep for a slow rolling utility vehicle but you may save around $20-40 from them depending on your choice. Just out of curiosity, what are you getting stuck in and are you in 4wd at the time? I have a 6x4 diesel but wondered IF I were to get stuck in some mud and put it in 4wd could I get up enough speed with the clutch to pull in and get the 4wd to work?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@gatorvirgin, I have 26 acres and sometimes it is a muddy mess. The standard tires just don't have the ability to pull through the mud regardless of which mode (std or 4whl) I use. This gator has left me stuff several times and I am really sick of it... have actually considered selling it and getting a quad. It only has 475 hrs on it. I will look for the website you mentioned.. maybe I can find something that will help. Thanks!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for your service!!!!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
from one vet to another,welcome.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Maybe John Deere can accept the challenge

Not to put the pressure on the John Deere corporation but with several JD employees helping out us, the customer, maybe they would be willing to work with Gatorboy65, a Vet that sacrificed for his country and unfortunately ended up coming home disabled. Instead of possibly selling off a very good 6x4 gator for a quad that may or may not solve his problems John Deere could let him "test" some different tires to resolve his problem. Hopefully this will give him the information he needs and if he decides to go with the new tires, JD gets a great promotion through "word of mouth"! Of course those tires will be used after the test and kind of hard to re-sell:D
just my own opinion:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to everyone who posted and all the "other" Vets out there! I am just happy that I didn't mess up my engine because of this engine/radiator design. Thanks for xcopterdoc for his great posts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts