John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. A couple years ago I became the lucky recipient of an old beat up rusted out 6x4 gator. My brother in law worked at a golf course and they were throwing this one away. So far I've rebuilt the bed, reinforced the frame and replaced the tires all the way around. The engine is starting to smoke and I'm wanting to rebuild it but I'm having a problem determining what parts to buy. It has a Kawasaki FD0620D-AS11 motor. The AS11 is the parts that distinguishes it as a John Deere propriatary engine. Does anyone know if I can purchase a rebuild kit for a AS12 or some other version that will work or have any suggestions on how to go about acquiring parts. I hate the thought of piecing it out from the Deere dealer. What have some of you done in this situation? I'm not sure what model gator I have as the vin number label is only partially there but it looks like the last few digits are ###X4X006942X. Not sure how many of the first few digits are missing. How many digits are usually in one of these vin numbers? Is there a way to decode the vin number? Sorry for all the questions but I'll probably have more in the future and it seems there's alot of knowledgable people on this site.
Thanks Jeff

1 - 2 of 2 Posts