John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Building a set of back straps for a spare tire carrier... got the idea from our friend ridge runner. Bought the roll bar clamps off of eBay 20.00 each... the pipes are 1.75 front roll bar straps from summit racing 50.00 for both... local powder coater said he would coat them for 30.00 more pics to come as it goes on.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
That's cool!

How are you going to mount it in the bed?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there are the 2 out bolts that where the tie downs are...I building a plate that will use those bolts...the plate will have a pocket that the back straps will sit in...I can them put a pin thru it and will be able to keep my dump ability.

·
Registered
48 Posts
there are the 2 out bolts that where the tie downs are...I building a plate that will use those bolts...the plate will have a pocket that the back straps will sit in...I can them put a pin thru it and will be able to keep my dump ability.
I see. I was wondering if that's what you were doing.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I was wondering the same thing Sunshine. I am going to have to keep a eye on this thread.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got the parts for the bed today...I will be putting the bed brackets together in the next few days... more pics to come

·
Registered
58 Posts
Tire Carrier

Hey Mountaineer, it'll be great to sit back and watch this time!:D! Keep the photos coming! mountaingoat " Ridge Runner".

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
More pics

Brackets made for bed...
Powder coating tomorrow :D

Attachments

·
Registered
904 Posts
Good looking project!!!! This will also help strengthening the cage. Cant wait to see the finished working product.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looks good! Can't wait to see it finished!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Well all installed... the powder coater did a great job... he was off on his price it cost me 80.00 but well worth it... could not be more pleased

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
More pics

Attachments

·
Registered
904 Posts
Awesome!!!!!!! I was wondering about the roof. Looks good and those 30" Horns look good on that machine.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Batman...I'm always looking for something to modify...I had to do a little cutting around the bars so the roof would fit... but I'm pleased with how everything turned out... total money invested was 170.00

·
Registered
48 Posts
That looks factory!

Awesome job!

·
Registered
114 Posts
:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
I really like that. Maybe a cross bar in the middle and you could mount speakers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts