John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just visited a ride and drive on the new John Deere RSX 850i and XUV 550's.
The XUV 550 is a smooth riding machine. It is a lower cost machine that gets the job done.
The RSX 850i, is beast. With a 62 HP V-twin 4 cylinder gasoline engine that can go 0-30 in 3 seconds. This machine tops out at 53 MPH, and is the first RUV powered by a motorcycle engine.

Here a few pics to give you a preview.

Camo XUV 550

Green and Yellow RSX 850i

Green and Yellow RSX 850i with custom add ons.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Overall the the new RSX 850i was a smoother and more stable ride than the competition. With the polaris razr, I felt like the machine could easily flip if turning on a hard corner. The teryx was just not a smooth a ride. Overall the machine wins out in its class, but the only thing that I see that needs to be added on for future models is powersteering. The machines are getting heavier and they are becoming harder to handle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was there on Wednesday and Thursday. The guy that drove the RZR right after I did actually did turn the thing over on its side!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was there on friday and saturday and a guy rolled the Polaris Razr over and right after that another guy wrecked the Gator 825i with the tracks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was there Fri-Sat. I had the afternoon class on Sat. One of the guys in my class flipped the RZR also. I drove the Can-Am which is about the same size as the RSX850 and the handling and suspension on that thing is horrible compared to the RSX850. Also, in response to first thread. The Teryx also has a motorcycle derived engine from the Vulcan motorcycle line. However, I think that this engine from Piagio in the RSX850 is a very nice engine, only time will tell on dependability.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The RSX 850i, is beast. With a 62 HP V-twin 4 cylinder gasoline engine that can go 0-30 in 3 seconds. This machine tops out at 53 MPH, and is the first RUV powered by a motorcycle engine.
Brief correction... it's a V-twin 2 cylinder with 4 valves per head. The 4 cylinder was a mis-print in the handbook...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Brief correction... it's a V-twin 2 cylinder with 4 valves per head. The 4 cylinder was a mis-print in the handbook...
Hmmm that's what I was thinking it was, but that's for confirming :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
You can actually get one here in East Texas for $8199.00 or the S4 for $9299.00. Plus TTL and I think they have a destination charge as well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts