John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

New to the sight figured I would post a pic.
Building a rear roll cage with a spare tire holder as we speak also have a winch and lights going on..

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!!!!!!! Nice looking machine!!!!!! Looking forward to the build. I am considering the nerf bars.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was hoping they were more like rock sliders but they really are nerf bars, they look good but not sure how functional they are yet.

·
Registered
904 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wired up my lights tonight was kinda simple just had to take the whole front end apart, my winch will be here tomorrow so I will install it then put the dog house back on..

Clamps finally showed up so I can really get started on the rear cage.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I had my dealer install my winch and they did exactly like the instructions, but I had to redo it some. The instructions show installing it on a base model with no bumper so there is a bracket that isn't needed when its installed with bumper.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Wired up my lights tonight was kinda simple just had to take the whole front end apart, my winch will be here tomorrow so I will install it then put the dog house back on..

Clamps finally showed up so I can really get started on the rear cage.

Looking good!!!!!!!! Did you have to remove that much to install the winch???? I have to install my winch that I took off my old Sportsman.

Did you get that clamp from UTV, Inc???

·
Registered
904 Posts
I had a feeling that clamp was from them.

Now I know what I am getting into to install my winch. I guess my dealer was not lying.

·
Registered
904 Posts

The winch was def a lot more work then I thought it was going to be not hard just time consuming.
Hold up......................you had to do all of that to install the winch????

Oh and looking good. I like seeing threads like this.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Suddenly I am glad I bought the trail model, came with the winch already installed and good thing because I have used it several times already!:D

·
Registered
904 Posts
I needed one after the ride last Sunday. Did good over all, just needs a little more GC.

·
Registered
29 Posts
nerf bars

Got my bars Fabed up today taking them to get powder coated tomorrow working on a roof now hopefully have it done tomorrow

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts