John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new member from MD here. I've been lurking for a week now, figured I would join. I bought a TS last week from an AgPro in GA, dealer said it was a 2020 but serial and DOM (070821) lead me to believe he was off by a year. 113 hrs on the meter. Salesman did tell me over the phone it was his first gator...
I didn't do my due diligence in checking it out- just a walk around to check condition and lights and drive it a little. It was pouring down rain and with the fiasco I had over the rental trailer I forgot to check fluids. I did that when I got home.
There are no leaks but the transmission fluid was reading on the very bottom 1/4 of the hash marks. I have some Hygard supposed to be here today so I'll top it off. Engine oil was full - the cap is not threaded but a rubber friction cap and the underside of that was milky. The oil itself looked slightly discolored so I don't trust it and don't want to have problems. I haven't run it much since I bought it, just around the yard a bit and parked it in the barn until I get a filter, figure out what oil to use when I drain it and top off the tranny....
I know it's a long-winded intro but Howdy!

· Registered
2,936 Posts
Welcome.

It's always good to do fluid changes to establish a baseline.

Good luck with the new ride.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts