John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2020 Xuv590m with 13 hours . It is becoming a battle to shift gears especially from reverse to forward . Afraid I’m going to break the shift handle . Shifts fine when not running . It’s just 12 months old
but fortunately I bought a 2 year warranty just before the 12 months are up . Any thing I should know and is this a common problem .

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
[email protected] they will take care of it,you will have to remove your primary and send it to Texas. Dealer will be no help at all many of us have been there done that. Yes it is a common known problem, here is the tool you will need to remove the clutch. Primary Clutch Puller - PCP-20

Be warned it is very tight to work on the 590, i have removed the clutch many times.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you clutch doc got back to me right away . Should have reached out here before I shelled out 900 for extended warrenty . I am going to let JD have one shot at it . They will more than likely going to put a new clutch.
if anyone has diagrams videos on removing the clutch on the 590 it would help all videos are on the larger gators that have lots of room to work on

all the dealers said they are too busy and I would have to leave it about a month ( I think they will work on it around paid work) so they won’t get it until December .
one last thing my machine sits for months at a time outside covered any chance mice took up residence in the clutch cover housing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts