John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently moved out to a rural community and bought 10acres. Need something for yard/brush work and to for our Honey Bees. Neighbor is selling his older Gator $3200, he doesnt know the year but he has 3000+ hours on it, owned it for the last 12 years, and has meticulous service records. I am thinking it looks like the origianal gator or TS? BTW...thanks for helping a newbie here.
Is this a good deal?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sounds a bit high to me, but it looks better than mine ('08, 4WD, with more bells and whistles), which has fewer hours. Mine cost about twice that a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds a bit high to me, but it looks better than mine ('08, 4WD, with more bells and whistles), which has fewer hours. Mine cost about twice that a couple of years ago.
Thanks! The engine sounds great and is really clean with very little rust. The seats are shot, lights work but frosted and very yellow, bed has normal rust as far as I can tell. He put on new tires last year. Cranks up sounds and drives good. I was going to get a used club car carryall gas but i would rather have a gator.
Would this fit on my 5x9 trailer? I cant just drive it from his place to mine as its a couple of miles away

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think it would fit, but you will probably want to measure the width to be sure. Not sure of the legalities where you are, but they appear on the streets regularly here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We recently moved out to a rural community and bought 10acres. Need something for yard/brush work and to for our Honey Bees. Neighbor is selling his older Gator $3200, he doesnt know the year but he has 3000+ hours on it, owned it for the last 12 years, and has meticulous service records. I am thinking it looks like the origianal gator or TS? BTW...thanks for helping a newbie here.
Is this a good deal? View attachment 14257 View attachment 14258
Always good to see a fellow "beek" here. How many hive do y'all run?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Buy it! These things are getting crazy hard to find and the prices are crazy...for good reason. With 10 acres, you'll run the legs off that thing. Good luck!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I’ve see prices all over the place. Year doesn’t seem to matter as much as condition. This one looks pretty clean and if it runs as good as you said. Tell him $3k and he has to deliver it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi purchased a 2008 620i 4x4 with power lift bed 1500 hours about a year ago. similar condition .3800$. so probably pretty high Id say no more then 2000$

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
So what did the OP decide?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts