John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New here! A bit of help please... 825 has 12 hours on it, has been into dealer twice for slipping out of gear, and brake. I have hearing loss (high frequency) In other words I can hear back up alarms on large equippment but not smoke alarms or the gator alarm. I have caught myself moving without disengaging the hand brake. I know there is a dash light but I don't always see it. Can the brake alarm be changed for those old fogies like me? Today I was dragging the drive with what is similar to a DR driveway groomer and the gator at times sounded as if it was going to fall appart. Loud popping ( gear gringing) front differential??? The machine would hesitate, grind & grab hold. I was in 4HI when this was happening. I'm afraid to use this again for fear of tearing it up. I know from what I've seen and what is advertised it is capable of pulling much heavier loads than what I'm pulling.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey Puggsley,

First, a big welcome to the forum! :D

I have also had a few instances of starting up with the parking brake engaged. I have hearing loss too, but not the frequency of the brake alarm. Still, the alarm is not very loud and quite easy to miss over other noises! :( I am not sure of a solution to the problem, but if I come across anything I will be sure to post.

I haven't a lot of time with heavy pulling - maybe 3-4 hours so far - but I have had no similar issues to the popping/grinding. I'm assuming your machine is new enough to have the modified front drive shaft (search the forum for more info, but build date after about Sept. '11, I believe) - if not, that may solve your problem. Best of luck and hope the dealer can get it all straightened out!

- Steve in CO

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your kind reply, and yes it is quite new at just 14.3 hours. My family has owned 3 gators, beginning with a "trike". No problems like this I can tell you!! Puggs

1 - 3 of 3 Posts