John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am from Idaho . I am presently working on a 1999 6x4 gator . Dealer thinks it is military issue because it is water cooled and has a cab, but it is not a diesel it is gas twin cyl . So I need some help trying to figure out what I have ? Plus a wiring diagram the one the dealer sent me was pretty lacking of info'
Serial # is missing some letters in the beginning I think, what I have is 006x4X0385 so I used the vin decoder on here and believe it is a 1999 , the dealer said it was a 2005 .
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
The Fixer

·
Super Moderator
3,189 Posts
Hello I am from Idaho . I am presently working on a 1999 6x4 gator . Dealer thinks it is military issue because it is water cooled and has a cab, but it is not a diesel it is gas twin cyl . So I need some help trying to figure out what I have ? Plus a wiring diagram the one the dealer sent me was pretty lacking of info'
Serial # is missing some letters in the beginning I think, what I have is 006x4X0385 so I used the vin decoder on here and believe it is a 1999 , the dealer said it was a 2005 .
Thanks
The Fixer
I believe you missed a few digits on your PIN ?

·
Super Moderator
3,189 Posts
BTW welcome to the forum!

·
Super Moderator
3,189 Posts
The PIN is a Product Identification Number, which Deere uses to delineate a different series within their Gator lineup, so the Date of Manufacture really has no bearing when locating parts.

The number you gave is actually a PIN and not a traditional VIN, however you are missing a few digits.

·
Super Moderator
3,189 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay so I looked again yesterday and can make out another letter and a number the whole PIN # is W006X4038509 hope this helps . Can anyone tell me what I have ? Is this some rare Gator because it is water cooled ?

·
Super Moderator
3,189 Posts
Okay so I looked again yesterday and can make out another letter and a number the whole PIN # is W006X4038509 hope this helps . Can anyone tell me what I have ? Is this some rare Gator because it is water cooled ?
Look at the top of this Discussion Area there is a thread titled Model Year Lookup Table. From there you can hopefully determine the Date of Manufacture. If the PIN is not on the table your Gator may pre date the information on the table, if this the case you will need to contact your local dealership.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have done all of that, it say's it is a 1999 by what I see in your pin/vin model look up, my dealer say's they never made a Gator with a water cooled motor , only military issue , but as I have searched they are all diesels . I thought that I have already given all the information in my first post which I gave all of the vin/pin # that I had and came up with a 1999 . So with all of the information I have given can someone please inform me what this Gator is ? Thanks Brad but you must be so busy you don't have enough time to read thru all of the post . So just to clear thing up I work on Guns to dish washers and every thing in between since 1976 .

·
Super Moderator
3,189 Posts
You might contact The Gator Guy at the thegatorguy.net he may have some history or additional information for you ?

·
Super Moderator
3,189 Posts
Perhaps you could add some photos of your Gator? This would help others visualize what you have.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have done all of that, it say's it is a 1999 by what I see in your pin/vin model look up, my dealer say's they never made a Gator with a water cooled motor , only military issue , but as I have searched they are all diesels . I thought that I have already given all the information in my first post which I gave all of the vin/pin # that I had and came up with a 1999 . So with all of the information I have given can someone please inform me what this Gator is ? Thanks Brad but you must be so busy you don't have enough time to read thru all of the post . So just to clear thing up I work on Guns to dish washers and every thing in between since 1976 .
My 1999 6x4 is water cooled, what is it you need help with? If it helps, here is an available part number break down. https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/navigation/equipment/76850

I have done extensive work to mine, it runs flawlessly now, it just looks like caca. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks
The Fixer
Based on the VIN number you supplied your gator is 1999. Technical manual (TM1518) for that model/year can be found here: http://www.equinet.co.nz/manual/Gator_Utility_Vehicles_4x2_And_4x6-TM1518.pdf

1 - 16 of 16 Posts