John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all a new member here . I have a 2021 835R gator with cab it has the Maxxis big horn tires. I use this on my farms 50% road 50% field. My problem is on road and hard ground ,the noise in the cab is extremely irritating. What would be a good quiet replacement tire.
Thank You

·
Registered
359 Posts
The Kanati Mongrels are much quieter and longer lasting. 8 ply DOT rated. Have them on my 855D. Since my spread doesn't have mush, I use 15" rims with aggressive highway tread radials. Very quiet on the pavement.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I like the Carlisle All Trail tires. Their tread live is great on pavement and hard surfaces and there is a lot of rubber on the ground for better grip when braking on pavement. Still, they have a moderately aggressive tread that's good for farm trail use.

·
Registered
2021 XUV835R
23 Posts
Hi all a new member here . I have a 2021 835R gator with cab it has the Maxxis big horn tires. I use this on my farms 50% road 50% field. My problem is on road and hard ground ,the noise in the cab is extremely irritating. What would be a good quiet replacement tire.
Thank You
I have the same year and model it loud also but drive train quite some as I got some hours and miles on machine but yes it still loud in cab. Does your rear shocks make noise when you jump up down on rear bumper or normal ride. Mine makes squeak noise from gas shock what they told me. It normal lol they said. I don’t agree

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Kanati Mongrels are much quieter and longer lasting. 8 ply DOT rated. Have them on my 855D. Since my spread doesn't have mush, I use 15" rims with aggressive highway tread radials. Very quiet on the pavement.
I have the same year and model it loud also but drive train quite some as I got some hours and miles on machine but yes it still loud in cab. Does your rear shocks make noise when you jump up down on rear bumper or normal ride. Mine makes squeak noise from gas shock what they told me. It normal lol they said. I don’t agree
Thanks for information . I’m wondering if the Tusk Terrabite tires may be a contender being they are less costly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your reply.I’m wondering if the Tusk Terrabite tires may be a contender being they are less costly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Super Moderator
3,640 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank You

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I have the exact same machine , I took out the head liner . There is no sound proofing in the cab . How can u listed to a radio unless stopped ? I did my complaint with Johndeere . Maybe it will get quieter, only have 2 hours on it . I like it a lot , and Johndeere Store Called and asked me how I like it so far . For the cost , my opinion ! I added a horn , LED Lamps and Turn Signals . And Seat Covers By Mountain . I Just Thought There Would Be Some Sound Barrier In The Cab ! Thank You

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank You
I bought 4 new front rims and put street radials on them, no noise, no vibration, great on packed snow and ice in the winter also..............I can switch back to off road tires in about 30 minutes if needed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts