John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall I figured i'd say something I just signed up because i've been thinking about getting one of the new rsx 850s. I love john deer and would love to see some more at the mudholes and around just in general. I'll be looking to do some goodies to it as some can imagine. I've kind of looked around the forum but not much, anything I should know about the 850i? Heard it had some problems but wanted to ask first before assuming. Thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have only had mine for about 30 hrs, We have a Kubota RTV and Honda 4 Wheelers. The 850I has a lot of power and rides nice, It is plenty loud but I have put another small motorcycle muffler behind the stock one and pointed it downward and this has helped. Also I put some heat/sound shielding under and behind the seats and this helped. The high back buckets are nice and comfortable, and the custom steering wheel although pricey goes well with the seats. Overhead stereo is excellent, but hard to hear with the loud exhaust. Steering is stiff at real slow speeds but can be helped by putting more air in front tires and checking the toe in (mine was toed out from the factory), these little tweaks all make it steer easier. Mine is in camo with the black top and black wheel and I feel like it all goes together well, Seems like it has the power, traction, clearance, balance, to go about anywhere I would want to go. A friend has a razor and it seems like the dust rolls over the top of the bed and back in the riders area worst especially with the razor's short bed. I have my windshield off for the summer which helps with the dust, noise, and driver comfort on trails.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ive had mine for about 3 wks now and have taken it through a few trails and mud holes and have yet to get stuck or have any issues. Its by far the most comfortable and most well built bike Ive ever had, its faster than a rzr 800 but slightly slower than a rzr 900. The only negative comment I can say is that the throttle response is very sensative so if your on a bumpy trail its difficult to control but I feel it can be helped with larger tires.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Welcome. I've got 34 hours on mine, mostly on sand, and I it is a blast. It runs great and has plenty of torque. I think it will go almost anywhere. I think it could use a few more inches of ground clearance but its not too bad. The only complaint I have is the drive belt replacement. The engine is under the seats so you have to take everything from the seats down to get to the belt. Other than that, it's built like a tank and I'm very happy with mine.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Happy to have you on board! I had mine for almost 6 months, used it for work and play and it has never let me down, will pull a heavy load and go through anything on the trail. The steering is a little stiff, I think I'm going to install power steering to help as on a rough trail the wheel gets pulled around pretty hard, but I like my Gator more than my RZR.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts