John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a bulletin from John Deere.

If you buy an RSX between Nov. 1 to Mar. 31, you will receive, FREE, a 2 year warranty.

I am pissed cause i just bought mine a month and a half ago, and now they are giving a 2 year warranty? That's such bull crap!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think you need to get into a discussion with your dealer. You might want to reach out to Deere & Co themselves or one of their social media profiles. I feel like they might make an exception especially if you have purchased a Deere before.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Figures

So is this for all sales or just recreational? Like I have said before I really like the gator but less than impressed with the way deere is standing behind them. My dealer has covered deeres tail and is standing behind the product they sold until the end of the year. Other than a small oil leak right off the start and the door pins it has not had any issues but it will be finding a new home before long. Anyone looking for a used sport green yellow let me know has around 600 mi

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the big boys (Can Am, Polaris, and Deere) are only giving a 6 month warranty on their Recreational models.

John Deere's other Gator machines have a 12 month warranty. They are just trying to sell more stuff which i understand, but it's just very irritating that i bought mine a month and a half ago, and are giving away a FREE 2 year warranty.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Does that mean the $500 rebate is gone?
I bought my RSX in August, and got the $500 rebate on the purchase price.
My guess is its one or the other?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well the big boys (Can Am, Polaris, and Deere) are only giving a 6 month warranty on their Recreational models.

John Deere's other Gator machines have a 12 month warranty. They are just trying to sell more stuff which i understand, but it's just very irritating that i bought mine a month and a half ago, and are giving away a FREE 2 year warranty.
So can you purchase extended warrantee on the other brands for any use?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, Deere offers extended warranty to Residential customers on most everything they sell for Lawn and Garden.

Right now there is a $1000 rebate PLUS you get the 2 year warranty until March 3rd

·
Registered
11 Posts
I spoke to a dealer in CT and asked if any rebates and they told me, nope just financing. Would that apply to an HPX?

·
Registered
483 Posts
When I got m 825i, the dealer did not recommend getting the extended warranty. I would have considered it.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No the free extended warranty ONLY applies to the RSX Gator.

We dont sell many extended warrantys on Utility Vehicles here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Two year warranty would have been helpful on mine - 270 hours and smoking like a freight train! At 80 hours I changed the fuel pump & regulator - my warranty was out by one month. With 150 hours I changed the leaking injectors. Today it started pouring oil through the exhaust, pulled the dipstick and the engine block is full of gas! I think they should have a standard two year warranty if they are willing to sell crap like this. I have half a million invested into John Deere equipment and haven't been able to get anything warrantied without a big hassle. This gator has never been used for anything more than checking calving heifers. Never been above 20mph or hotrodded in any way. I think I will be looking at different colors from now on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Don't feel to bad, I put mine in my companies name and therefore couldn't get the extended warranty. I've had nothing but issues with the front diff and no backing from Deere...way to stand by their product.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I purchased mine in January 2014. I was told John Deere now only warrants them for 6 months and no extended warranty was even available. Sounds like I need to call someone up.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You should have gotten one for free! And it wasn't the dealership that did it. It was automatic when the machine was paid for in John Deere's System. If you give me your serial number, i can see if it was put on.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You should have gotten one for free! And it wasn't the dealership that did it. It was automatic when the machine was paid for in John Deere's System. If you give me your serial number, i can see if it was put on.
Wow... this site is already paying off! I just finished talking to the dealership about what you posted earlier on the additional 18 months. They checked into it and I just got an email back from them saying that they told me wrong. It did come with the additional 18 month warranty after all. If I hadn't have gotten on here, I never would have known and they never would have checked!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone know if this is still current? If it is does anyone have a link to the information. I have looked all over JDs website and can not find it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts