John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking inside the factory installed oil filter that I removed from my 2014 825i. I noticed it has a spring inside, assuming it is either a pressure relief bypass or anti drain back valve. The filter I installed (JD AM107423) does not appear to have this. In the technical service manual it suggests to use the for mentioned type. Any idea why the newly installed filter would not be like the factory one....Is there a filter to replace the (107423) that would have this feature....Thanks JD

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
Good question is there another John Deere dealer near you so you can see if maybe they are giving you the Wrong 1

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Closest dealer is 750 km away....wish I could just pop in ....I plane to call the parts counter tomorrow....I'll post their response...
Part number is correct...just not the same as the factory one....

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
idk if John Deere installs the special style of filter when they build them because Deere is calling for the AM107423.

·
Registered
483 Posts
The bypass valve can be in the base (usually a very visible spring) or at the top. The one at the top can may or may not be easy to see. Some are visible in the top middle (may protude into center of filter) but then can be just a flexible metal (uses a cantilever concept rather than coil spring) between the top of the element and inside top of oil filter.

The factory filter is not a JD branded filter made in China and does not look like the one JD sells in the US.

I will likely switch to Wix (or Kawasaki) once I get out of warranty since they have a reputation for making good filters. The JD filter for the 825i does not appear to have a silicone anti-drain back value - often seen in better filters. The one I have is likely Nitrile since it is black.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Called parts dept...I guess the factory filter is not something I can purchase through JD....none of the part numbers off the filter show up anywhere...bummer...If anyone does manage to cross reference a good high end filter like a Wix, Bosch, Hastings or K&N with the backflow preventer in it...I would really appreciate the part number...Thanks...

·
Registered
483 Posts
The JD filter for the 825i is AM107423. I am sure every JD dealer stocks it since it is a common size. The factory filter is a different source since it was built by Chery in China.

The filter type is called Kawasaki 3/4" x 16 thread gasket 2.475"OD. Filter OD is 2.69 in.

For the 3-in LONG version filter (same as 825i), some alternates are:
Napa Gold 1394 (made by Wix)
Wix 51394
Fram 4967
Kawasaki 49065-7010
Purolator L14476 (from spec sheet this has a higher bypass pressure than Kawasaki even though listed as equivalent)

You can get a 3.5 in long one so wee bit more capacity
Purolator 14477
Wix 57145
Generac 07185F (I use this in my Generac generator).

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
am107423 fits every kawaski engine deere uses basically lawn mower or gator. it dont matter. we stock TONS of them here where i work because they fit everything basically commerical mower to residental to gator

1 - 9 of 9 Posts