John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you tell me if its okay to pressure wash a 4x2 Gator engine/compartment and if so how you do it ?

I have seen instances where after doing so it won't run or runs rough- often from getting water in the spark plug. Or maybe water on the belt or clutch creates problems, etc.

Should I just use pressurized air and leave all the gunk and dirt alone ? Or if its okay to wash, should I leave it running while washing ?

Tnx, Bob

·
Registered
270 Posts
Personally, I'd do it but no pressure washers or high powered water - period. I'd use spray on Gunk and stiff bristled parts brushes. Rinse off very carefully maybe using a hand held garden sprayer with the tank filled with plain water. I'd also plastic wrap anything you think shouldn't get wet. Make sure you don't use cold water on a hot engine - often not a good outcome. Craig

·
Registered
426 Posts
We hose all our machines down with a professional powerwasher.
Yes i had some that would start a bit rough but you can leave it in the sun for a half hour and its good again.

I always recommend putting a good spray on degreaser on if you can because that cuts down on the time youbhave to wash it.
Just stay clear of the intake.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts