John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I just purchased an old old Gator 6x4. There is no serial number left on the rear bumper do to rust. I did look under the seats on the frame for the number also and did not find it. Is it possible the first few years did not have the serial number under the seat? Thank you!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
do u have any ideas on the year model at all can help kinda narrow it down for u

·
Registered
709 Posts
*Sometimes* you can find a manufacture date on the engine. There should be a sticker or a metal plate with all the info about the engine. There might be a DOM there.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
i ant got a clue bud i went to look at my parts catelog to see about years and serial numbers and all i get for 93-95 is XXXXXX so im not help sorry

·
Registered
250 Posts
I dont know what the cost is but you can reqquest a duplicate PIN plate through your Deere dealer. If the PIN is unknown they will tell the dealer where to look for the hidden numbers. The PIN for the older 6x4's were generally under the passenger seat on the outside frame rail. However there are other places. I wont say where those are at. Contact your dealer to request duplicate PIN plate. Or if you know who the original owner was and what dealer sold it, you may be able to track it that way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,
I just purchased an old old Gator 6x4. There is no serial number left on the rear bumper do to rust. I did look under the seats on the frame for the number also and did not find it. Is it possible the first few years did not have the serial number under the seat? Thank you!
I had to grind the paint off to see mine under the passenger seat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts