John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new to this forum although I have been lurking on it for a while. My buddy gave me a complete old abandoned 6x4. Another gave me another parts gator. I do old cars and hot rods and mostly I like old cars, tractors, projects etc. So a lot of my friends like to dump stuff on me. Anyway, I got this old gator and it looked sad. The floor had rusted in half and someone tried to repair by welding on it. Front end plastic and dash has been replaced by no telling what. My interest is in the drive components. I messed with it a few hours, replaced the starter, the black little box on the side across the carb, think it part of the ignition system, disconnected the fuel pump and gravity fed fuel, replaced the carb and cleaned it out. I got it running and actually sounds good.

I want to build a "cart" for my granddaughters so they can run around the ranch, not a stock gator type cart. If this site will let me, I'll post some pictures. Black car with flames is a car I built for one of my sons over 30 yrs ago. We still have it.

Wonder if one of you "knowledgeable" guys could draw me a wiring diagram of the only wires and parts I need to get this gator motor running. Let me explain that I don't know anything about gators and the only thing I do know is what I've picked up from this site. I want to do away with all the sensors, safety devices, ignition switch, lights, etc. I need just the bare wiring to make this motor run. I can then start over with the wiring. I know that in an old chevy 283, all I need is a wire from the coil and one from the solenoid to get it running, but this harness on the gator is too much.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Holy C**p..now that is a project! From a non-mechanically inclined Gator owner I wish you the best of luck.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Not certain if this will help or it is for your model.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the wiring PDF, I'll print it and study it to see if I can make heads or tails out of it. Was hoping for a simple hand drawn sketch pointing out the basic necessary electrical components to make the motor run and eliminate all the confusing extra stuff. Will see, thanks, Joe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts