John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my gator threw the belt. No bolt or anything else visible. I ordered bolt, washer and clutch and assembled. 100' later it tossed all the new stuff on the ground and threw the belt again. What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Perhaps:
  • Didn't tighten bolt to proper torque.
  • Wrong belt.
  • Internal threads are damaged, so unable to get proper clamp load.
  • Bent shaft
  • Defective parts
When does it toss the belt? During acceleration, at top speed, or when decelerating

Not trying to be critical...
It might help if you improve the quality of your post by giving some background of the machine, the scenario in which the problem occured, why you replaced the parts that you did in the first place, etc...
Example: "No bolt or anything else visible." What are we to make of this statement?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perhaps:
  • Wrong belt.
  • Bent shaft
  • Defective parts
When does it toss the belt? During acceleration, at top speed, or when decelerating

It might help if you improve the quality of your post by giving some background of the machine, the scenario in which the problem occured, why you replaced the parts that you did in the first place, etc...
Example: "No bolt or anything else visible." What are we to make of this statement?
Perhaps:
  • Wrong belt.
  • Bent shaft
  • Defective parts

Perhaps:
  • Wrong belt.
  • Bent shaft
  • Defective parts

thank you,
I bought the gator used, I replaced the parts after the belt came off the first time, lost all the parts on the ground somewhere, bought new parts from JD and installed, the bolt holding clutch on came out after 40' and belt came off in about 100', I replaced belt and bolt and drove back to barn....

·
Super Moderator
3,640 Posts
Did you notice or hear the rear wheels lock up?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts