John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove last night for about and hour and stopped at a friend's house. Was showing him my rsx and lifted the dump bed. On the exhaust at the right side on a braided steel flex line is what I assume to be a oxygen sensor. It was glowing orange. Is this normal? Speed before this was 10-15 mph for about 2-3 miles. Speed before this was 15 miles at 20-25 mph. Was a cool night in the low 50's. Should I freak out?:mad:

·
Registered
242 Posts
That seems to be a common problem... I have heard other talking about the same thing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes it is normal. If you think it's bad with stock exhaust, just try big gun duals. It's like having a light under there. Yamaha rhinos get so bad that they will catch the pasture on fire if you let straw and leaves build up beneath it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've also had the same problem. Seems to happen more when doing those long distance rides like 10 or 20 miles down the road kinda stuff when it's held at the same rpm for a long period. I've never actually noticed it get that hot just buzzing around the farm or trail riding. Seems normal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts