John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gave experienced recurring overheating/stalling situations with a 625I gator (2014 model/142 hours) after checking fuses, thermostadts, water pump, coolant levels etc my dealer finally sent a tech to my location who apparently removed an air bubble in the coolant system. My question...how would such an air bubble develop if there is no evidence of leaks on the shed floor and the bi-annual coolant flush/change is done at the dealer location? In short...what is to prevent a recurrance of another air bubble in the future...what should I be looking for????

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
When draining and refilling coolant it’s possible to trap air due to sections of the water passages being higher than the fill point.

Without a vacuum pump I’ve been successful raising and supporting the front as high as possible and by squeezing the hoses many times when nearly full (radiator cap or fill point open). This holds true for many other vehicles.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Theres no way to really prevent air bubbles, just keep the vehicle maintained.
This includes, hose coolant etc.
That being said i never had trouble with air bubbles being trapped ever except for on my boat

And yes the squeeze method works really well

I would maybe change over to red coolant aswell as it lasts twice as long.
Just make sure to clean the system really good before changing it out

1 - 3 of 3 Posts