John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just got a quote for park brake caliper assembly of $290.00 form Deere. Just my pads are toast! Vehicle pads cost less. Any way to fix them without paying above cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,971 Posts
Hey guys, just got a quote for park brake caliper assembly of $290.00 form Deere. Just my pads are toast! Vehicle pads cost less. Any way to fix them without paying above cost?

Have you checked online at Green Farm Parts- use discount code GTT or Green Parts Store ?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
search the JD part number online. You might find something nonJD that will work. I know there are solutions for the brakes but not certain with the e-brake.

Post back what you find as others are likely to run into the same problem and want to save a few $'s.

Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am looking at the Polaris razor e brake pads they look identical with the exception the inner pad does not have rubber grommets that ride on the sleeves probably to stop rattles. I am about to purchase a pair for my 2008 620I and try them.there are several YouTube videos on modifying car pads for a polaris nothing for a gator, but all the assemblies look identical (sure its a secret we should know) oh the Polaris pads on eBay are $20 not $87

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I broke down and paid the piper. I didn’t have time to modify or make something work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am going to gamble that the Polaris pads are the same as john deere over priced pads Ill let every one know 4 times the cost is pure greed

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Thanks for reporting back that they are the same and will work in the Gator.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts