John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't find a way to adjust the parking brake cable on a 2013 825i. If I pull it up past the last notch it will hold. If I let it back down to the last notch it will roll forward. Fluid level is fine. I'm guessing the cable has stretched. Jamming a 2x4 to hold it up is a little hinky. Replacing the cable looks like a pain. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
483 Posts
My parking brake is the same..yet the parking brake light comes on at the first notch! There are a number of notches in between.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had same problem with mine. Did a search and found someone had same problem. He added hyd fluid and it works, so I did same. You need to add by pass side rear tire (lift the bed). Only took a little bit but now my e-brake works great. I told my dealer they need to check all new 825s (mine hit a tree when brake failed). :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got my 825i with quite a few miles and the same problem you have. There is no adjustment on an 825i, don't mess with the cables at the rear of the machine. I consulted my John Deere mechanic and he confirmed that. I got a set of parking brake pads, (AM148465) replaced them, and the parking brake works like new now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had same problem with mine. Did a search and found someone had same problem. He added hyd fluid and it works, so I did same. You need to add by pass side rear tire (lift the bed). Only took a little bit but now my e-brake works great. I told my dealer they need to check all new 825s (mine hit a tree when brake failed). :(
what hydraulic fluid did you use?

·
Registered
28 Posts
You can adjust the cable by the handle but it is a BIG PITA!!! Who ever designed that should be kicked in the crotch by a horse! Another problem is if anyone ran it with the brake set, it will wear the discs down pretty quick and they won't hold either. There is a tool JD sells to hold the clutch pack together when installing it but it can be done without it. I just put a new cable and clutch pack in mine and adjusted the clevis by the handle about half way up on the threaded end of the cable and it was about right and held very good once again.

·
Administrator
3,898 Posts
Reactions: 57ringo

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can't find a way to adjust the parking brake cable on a 2013 825i. If I pull it up past the last notch it will hold. If I let it back down to the last notch it will roll forward. Fluid level is fine. I'm guessing the cable has stretched. Jamming a 2x4 to hold it up is a little hinky. Replacing the cable looks like a pain. Any suggestions?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts