John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My RSX does a great job plowing my snow. The only issue I have is snow sticking to the plow. It comes out of the warm shop, out into the cold, and then the snow sticks. Is there something I could spray on the plow to prevent that? WD40, Pam, etc?

·
Administrator
4,030 Posts
I use fluid film and it works good keeping the rust down and the snow from sticking.
Ditto on Fluid Film, actually many State and County DOT’s use FF religiously not only on plows, this use the black variant as a undercoating.

·
Administrator
4,030 Posts
My RSX does a great job plowing my snow. The only issue I have is snow sticking to the plow. It comes out of the warm shop, out into the cold, and then the snow sticks. Is there something I could spray on the plow to prevent that? WD40, Pam, etc?
Use Fluid Film it’s Lanolin Based. Using WD4O or Pam is not nearly as effective.

·
Registered
37 Posts
FF might "buy" you enough time for the plow to cool off, but the snow will remove it *especially if it's a wet or slushy snow. As you mentioned the warm plow is the problem.
If the FF doesn't do the job, a good waxing should be a little more resistant to being wiped off by the snow.

* I'm a huge fan of FF and have tried this with my tractor in a heated shop then plowing.

·
Administrator
4,030 Posts
FF might "buy" you enough time for the plow to cool off, but the snow will remove it *especially if it's a wet or slushy snow. As you mentioned the warm plow is the problem.
If the FF doesn't do the job, a good waxing should be a little more resistant to being wiped off by the snow.

* I'm a huge fan of FF and have tried this with my tractor in a heated shop then plowing.
Agreed you must apply throughout the season, it certainly is not “one and done” kinda thing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I couldn't find Fluid Film on the shelves locally, so I've got some ordered. I do like the idea of wax though. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I use Gemplers Snow Plow Coating. It's a heavy base silicone. My 1 gallon jug will last a decade. Put it in a spray bottle and use a fine mist. Let dry for 20 minutes and you're good to go. Out of stock at Amazon at the moment. I'll spray every 3rd day. Makes a big difference on my JD tractor blower.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts