John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2014, 625i is running terrible. I use it daily to check cows and recently it started missing and sputtering at idle and slow speeds. Changed plugs to no avail. Any suggestions appreciated!!

·
Super Moderator
3,425 Posts
My 2014, 625i is running terrible. I use it daily to check cows and recently it started missing and sputtering at idle and slow speeds. Changed plugs to no avail. Any suggestions appreciated!!
Does the Gator run better at high speeds?

Have you changed air & fuel filters ? Part diagrams below from Green Farm Parts- this should help find the locations of the filters and part costs. The air filter location is to easy find--fuel filters not so much :)

Air Filter
Find Your John Deere Parts Fast

Fuel Filters (3)
Find Your John Deere Parts Fast

Starting with the easy stuff-- also look for sediment in fuel tank.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 625 runs very rough after it sits for a while. After about 2 minutes to warm up the engine, it runs much better. I changed the main fuel filter, both spark plugs, changed the oil and filter but this did not help. The old plugs were black as if the engine is running too rich. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm not sure on the pressure regulator. Today l started my 625i Gator and the same issue occurred. I started the engine with no problem, but after 15 seconds of idling the engine stopped as it ran out of gas. I started it again, this time pressing the gas pedal as it started but was spuddering and popping from the exhaust. After 1 minute, the engine cleared up and it ran fine with no problems. Even the engine sitting still was smooth running as if the motor was new again. This is killing me. What is RX- Seafoam?

·
Super Moderator
3,425 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
I'm not sure on the pressure regulator. Today l started my 625i Gator and the same issue occurred. I started the engine with no problem, but after 15 seconds of idling the engine stopped as it ran out of gas. I started it again, this time pressing the gas pedal as it started but was spuddering and popping from the exhaust. After 1 minute, the engine cleared up and it ran fine with no problems. Even the engine sitting still was smooth running as if the motor was new again. This is killing me. What is RX- Seafoam?
SeaFoam is a product for cleaning fuel systems as well as stabilizing the fuel. It's been around for a long time and works wonders - I've used it on antique tractors and they will run more smoothly after maybe 10 minutes of using treated fuel !! Craig
Rx is the designation for prescription used in medicine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you for your suggestion. On a cold start in the morning the engine starts up great. After about 10 seconds the engine shuts off as it has run out of gas. After a couple more starts the engine starts but skipping and spuddering as if it was running too rich. After a while running, it runs great.

·
Super Moderator
3,425 Posts
Did you change fuel filters? This doesn't sound like a filter issue- perhaps there is something in the tank moving around ? Crazy

·
Registered
273 Posts
Taking into account what Brad said, maybe run it out of gas or at least very low and shine a light in there to see if anything is floating around or maybe lodged in the line !! Craig

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a question on my 625i front dif not engageing switch is showing its on shaft from transfer turning any ideas? thanks ron

1 - 12 of 12 Posts