John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I’m new to this forum to hi hope your all well
Just bought a 2017 855d with no power steering had a little look and it’s been unplugged plugged it back in and it spins to the left full lock unplug it turn wheels back plug it back in does the same you can’t physically stop the steering wheel when it does it
Has anyone else come across this?
Tom

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
You may want to search the forums for other PS posts. Don’t recall anyone with similar symptoms but then I don’t have total recall either.

Please report back your remedy even if it is only to leave unplugged.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like the torque sensor is fried. Unfortunately I think its shot.
I think we make one for your machine. If you decide on going aftermarket, I can get you a little discount if you're interested.
Thanks so much for your reply so you think I need a new motor? Are they repairable? And what price are your after market ones?
Thanks tom

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys I’m new to this forum to hi hope your all well Just bought a 2017 855d with no power steering had a little look and it’s been unplugged plugged it back in and it spins to the left full lock unplug it turn wheels back plug it back in does the same you can’t physically stop the steering wheel when it does it Has anyone else come across this? Tom
Boy this really strikes a nerve. I have a 2019 XUV 590M I bought brand new. Mine starting doing the same exact thing. It is a $3600 repair. I tried to get the Warranty department to help me out but after a month of discussions avoided calls and unanswered voice mails I find out today that they aren’t willing to help at all. Does yours function okay with no power steering? Tammy Persinger

·
Official Site Vendor
145 Posts
Boy this really strikes a nerve. I have a 2019 XUV 590M I bought brand new. Mine starting doing the same exact thing. It is a $3600 repair. I tried to get the Warranty department to help me out but after a month of discussions avoided calls and unanswered voice mails I find out today that they aren’t willing to help at all. Does yours function okay with no power steering? Tammy Persinger
Here's a better and waaaay cheaper option: https://www.superatv.com/john-deere-gator-power-steering-kit
I can get you a little member discount if you're interested. You're going to want power steering. You can start without it and be ok....but if you have it and lose it....you'll hate driving that thing.

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
How much difficulty are willing to accept to save about $3,000?😂

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
People get sucked into JD thinking there is high quality engineered into the product, but one finds that even the smallest issue can be a major burden to the customer. With only one year warranty there isn’t much coverage time. They have zero incentive to improve their product. If it fails early they can charge 10x for the part because they have prevented any suppliers from participating in the matter market. IE: zero competition. From their perspective it’s a win that it has failed. Sell new part and dealer is happy with the repair business and delivery fees if you can’t transport.

most customers bleed green and will continue to purchase hoping the next product will be better so JD never feels the pain of poor quality.
Just look at the clutch situation. They’ve had over a decade to fix and have done very little to fix.
Hope the aftermarket unit fits and you can find an independent willing to repair. Good luck.

·
Official Site Vendor
145 Posts
Are you sure it will fit on my XUV590M?
Tammy
How hard is it to change out?
I am in tears over this and relieved to know there is an aftermarket choice. If I buy the part and take it to an ATV mechanic they can repair?
Yep, that should be the one.
Here's the link again: https://www.superatv.com/john-deere-gator-power-steering-kit

It won't list it fitting your 590M, but I'm like 95% sure its the one you need. There are a bazillion JD Gator sub-models, and this is the most standard fitment for most XUV's. I got you on this.
And yeah, you can take this in to any ATV/UTV shop and get it installed. Its a 3 to 4 hour installation normally. Not too difficult. The hardest part is getting the dash plastics off for access. The rest is pretty simple. Shooting you a PM with more details.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts