John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 855D Gator. Bought used with 750 hours 4 days ago. Got it home with no problems. started it yesterday and got the power steering light warning dash light. Blinks once at start up then blinks twice continuously. Looking under hood, I see the circuit board and the green light on it is giving me a 2 then 3 flash, after it makes a chirp sound. Really frustrated with my new (to me) purchase. Any help for a newbie and first time Gator buyer?

·
Super Moderator
3,046 Posts
Just in case you do not receive a response..Were you given a copy of the Operators Manual (owners manual) by chance ? If not perhaps you can find a copy online ? Also a copy of the Technical Manual is valuable resource to have on hand for all Gator owners.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
If you plan on working on it yourself, I suggest our purchase the technical manual now as Bradhill suggested above.

Also posting the year is somewhat irrelevant as all JD documents reference the SN.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you plan on working on it yourself, I suggest our purchase the technical manual now as Bradhill suggested above.

Also posting the year is somewhat irrelevant as all JD documents reference the SN.
So the answer to my question from the very knowledgeable and community helpful folks here is go but the tech manual. If you didn’t know answer, please don't respond. If you have the tech manual, how about some help instead. I thought that was what this was for. Also, to some, the year does matter. This forum is FULL of requests for year and model when responding to requests for help. I tried to save a step. Apologies. By the way, I did get the tech manual and I can assure you if I can help folks with a simple answer and lookup in the manual, I will.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
When you check JD parts and reference anything in the manuals SN is all that is referenced. Many new users don't understand the value of the SN as their experience is with cars. Since you procured the manual, I'm certain you can verify it uses serial number and NOT model year in the various sections.

Just letting you know the manual typically has the type of info you seek. Many worry the information they need won't be in such an expensive manual. I was simply suggesting there is low risk in doing so.

Hope your repairs go well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts