John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a 2011 825i Does anyone have the "Electra Steer " Power steering unit installed? how does it work.
I don't have one personally, but a few guys on another Forum have it on their 825's and they say they are great...I added air pressure to my tires instead of going with the electro steer...that made a huge difference in how it steered...I put about 20 lbs. in each tire, and I was really surprised at how much difference that made...try it...you might end up not needing the $995. electric steering unit!!!

Larry in MD :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks . I will give that a try.
I have those Maxxis Big Horn tires on my 825i...I am assuming you have the same...I said I put them at like 20 lbs., but it might have been a bit more...my old mind can't remember as good as it once did...hahaha...I just added like 10 lbs. per tire more than the maximum stamped on the side of the tire...

Of course, you have to remember that adding pressure to the tires cuts down on their traction ability...if you are just running around a farm, or fields or such, you won't have any problems at all...if you are in the soft sand, or in heavily mudded up ground, you might have traction issues...

I was really astonished at how much better it steered once I put extra pressure in the tires...a fellow on the other Gator forum was the one who gave me the tip, and it worked better than I ever dreamed it would...

Good luck....

Larry in MD :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
power steering problems

my power steering in my 825i has sometension on it when turning. also makes noise when u turn it when th vehicle is off. grinding noise

·
Registered
28 Posts
Larry in MD,

The tire pressure increase is a great idea. And you were correct to point out the possible loss in traction.

Did you notice any difference in the ride, comfort, or cornering performance?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have a 2012 with EPS...works Great... has problem on tight turns on hill and such..Problem is its electric...It takes on normal flat surface to turn up to 25 amps...and in a bind up to 50 amps on a 70 amp max alternator...Thus it will not happen unless you have extra Battery storage

·
Registered
904 Posts
I am highly contemplating getting the Super ATV EzSteer for my RSX.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Everything seems to be going to EPS...I see it on Cars all the time...The big issue is extra voltage on a weak battery ...Dirty grounds...I believe the stock unit works OK...just not Great...Would need Leese Neville alternator to power all this electric...That's a good reason why these new Trucks and cars are using a 150 amp alternators...Not Cheap

1 - 9 of 9 Posts