John Deere Gator Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I believe most were replying to OP, with the occasional slight diversion.

Not much help from me regarding measuring distance until resistance, Rule18. Variables would be machine, blade angle, snow type/density, and as you have determined, rear ballast. Though mine is not an 825i, I had a 625i and it did a bang up job on gravel, with a straight blade that was angled to push the snow off to the side when plowing a mile of lane with drifts.

I had about 100 lbs ballast in the bed and never experienced "no go" until the end of a huge pile when I was pushing straight on asphalt. I can say that resistance was never an issue for me at 100'.

Thanks for the reply, I only have asphalt. Having never plowed with a Gator, I was gathering info more than anything else. I appreciate all the info from the community.
Sure thing. Wishing you the best with the new setup! I'll also be using my hydraulic blade on the new Gator for the first time this winter.

Judging by weather predictions so far, it appears we'll both be old pros at it by winter's end.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nice pic's! I just wanted to chime in and let everyone know that Powertach isn't going to make that plow anymore. My JD dealer said his dealership is searching for a plow to sell now.

·
Super Moderator
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Snowex V is the plow I am thinking about getting too!

But the 6'6" Boss V keeps derailing my thoughts. lol

By the way, has anyone ever put a plow on a 825 S4?

·
Super Moderator
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
21 - 27 of 27 Posts