John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I'm looking at an 855D or HPX. Can you guys give me an idea of what kind of discount to ask for/expect from the dealer on a new one?

I assume it's like a car purchase - they have the MSRP, and then you bargain the best deal you can. Is this right?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Generally most dealers sell at a sale price. We dont sell at "List" or MSRP at our store. We take money off right off the bat. Other than bonuses, most dealers aren't going to take a lot off their Sale price unless it's an item they have had for a while and need to move. Every once in a while, you get a dealer that will sell stuff REALLY cheap but those are few and far between.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I got quotes from several dealers and they all quoted the price you get from theJD Gator configurator. They all provided the cost on the same format form. Each then gave a discount from the total and each charged a separate for setup (varied by dealer). The typical discount was 5 to 10%. I quoted ones in NC and Virginia. They will give a much deeper discount on machines on the lot.

·
Registered
14 Posts
We got 10% (per saleman on our ORDERed 2014 851i S4).

Base price: $14,699
Factory adds: $3,944
Dealer adds: $1,383
Roll on/off : $500
Setup: $350
====
Suggested List $20,876.98
Discount - $ 1,895.98
=====
Selling Price $18,981
PrePaid: - $2000
State tax: $550.45
Delivery: $50 (was surprise gift from son:D, I have 16' trailer)
======
Paid on delivery $17,581.45

note: below 3320 came from same dealer in Dec '07

1 - 5 of 5 Posts