John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My diesel ProGator occasionly has a starting issue. When turning on the ignition, it will start if you hear a "click" but will not start if there is no "click". Apparently this involves a relay but I have not found out what keeps the relay from functioning. Anyone have some suggestion on the source of the problem and the solution?

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Could try swapping out the relay, since easy to do.
But it would be best to use a voltmeter to interrogate the wiring and components to definitive identify the root cause.
The technical manual could be helpful - wiring diagrams, sensor/component testing method, theory of operation,etc.

Post back what you find and resolution.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I replaced the relay (twice) and the problem continued. The John Deere dealer had the gator for about a week and replaced a diode in the circuit and said it was fixed. Unfortunately it is not fixed because the gator still periodically does not start. The fuel relay does not engage. I’ve been unable to locate a circuit diagram and the dealer has no clue on what to do next.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Circuit diagrams are in the technical manuals and can be purchased from JD or others depending on how you feel about copyright laws.

Highly recommend the technical manuals as they contain valuable information if fixing yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts