John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where to get and programmer or chip for my rsx 850i? I was reading and found that the same power commander that fits the 825 will also fit the 850. Is this true? Where can I find one??

·
Registered
904 Posts
IDK, you could probably contact BIG GUN Exhaust cause they have came out with some exhausts for the RSX.

I have heard that ALBA Racing is coming out with a Exhaust and Programmer that will have noticeable HP gains.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I guess the 825i and 850i use the same fuel maps????

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Hi guys! Just thought I would chime in and let you all know that we do have fuel controllers for the 850 in stock.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Our fuel programmers are fully adjustable and do not require a laptop to interface. They are what is called a pulse width modifier and alter the length of the pulse width sent to the injector from the ECU. By altering the length of the pulse we can add or subtract fuel accordingly.

The units are broken down into zones similar to a carb.(pilot, needle, main jet.)

Before releasing any fuel controller we build a base map using a stock vehicle and then begin making modifications and building additional maps. We have been working with Magnum Offroad and Vigor Motorsports on their BITD, and WORCS cars to develop these maps.

Anyone who plans to make additional mods in the future will always be able to send their controller back in for a re-map if required.

These are load based modules that are very simple to learn and adjust.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
163 Posts
:confused: The only kind of "MAP" I know about it one that you use when your lost. I have a car that I bought a tuner for that was preloaded with what i call a canned tune. I do know a bit about lean and rich, but that's about it. The info I would like is how does it install, will it work with my Big Gun exhaust and so on. I couldn't find anything on your website so anything would be helpful. I would love to get a Dyno tune but that's probably not going to happen since I live a long ways from anywhere. And welcome and thanks for chiming in.

Gorilla

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm with magilla! As long as it makes my gator perform right with the exhaust on there then I'm good! Is it a easy install?

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
We are getting ready to update our website and will begin adding Gator info.

The fuel controllers are very simple to install and use. They attach to the injectors themselves and require no cutting or splicing.

A car/truck has a continuous input from the oxygen sensors which help make adjustments and compensations for changes in air fuel ratio. Your John Deere has an oxygen sensor, but it only gives input to the ecu under low throttle percentages. We have to "manually" tell the injector to open longer when the oxygen sensor is not active.

This controller is an easy way to add fuel back into the system when doing modifications.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
904 Posts
I was wondering when we were gonna see Nate over here. Welcome!!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nate. So all that bogging down that my gator does at full throttle will stop? (I have dual big gun exhaust)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mine runs great! But when I put the pedal to the floor the engine bogs down, I'm assuming the air to fuel needs to be tuned idk.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Will it allow you to eliminate the top speed limiter? I am also interested in a Big Guns Dual and slip on Map.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome Mountaineer!!!!!!!!!!

I agree.....there needs to be something to take away the limiter.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Nate you have anymore info on your programmer? really need some more info before buying is you web page up to date.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts