John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I always name my toys and also associate that with the build. I can not come up with one so for that I am going to let the ppl of the forum world help me figure out what to call this ride.

This is my John Deere Gator RSX 850i Sport Green and Yellow. As it sits I have the factory roof, stereo, front non scratch tilt windshield, rear shield, stock wheels and tires for the trails, and 29.5 Highlifter Outlaw 2s on stock rims for at home. More mods to come and ride reports to come also.

I bought mine at Stateline Turf and Tractor and they gave me a darn good deal. They have a few in stock and are great ppl to deal with and have some of the best prices. I highly suggest John and Josh Irvin at STT.

So without further a due..........

These are some of my favorite pics......

·
Registered
83 Posts
Looks good Batman, tires look awesome, I must say the roof really finishes them off we ordered the roof when we bough it, they are supposed to come fix the parking brake and bring the roof when they come, better call and see when that's happening. Your Deere looks awesome!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!!!!!! I can not wait to get my other goodies here and installed. I have rode it some, but not a whole lot. I am hoping I will get to ride some this Sunday.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think my riding is done for a month or so, we got about 8" of snow yesterday and a few more overnight with no end in sight so it looks like shed time for the gator:mad:

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont do much riding in the winter at all. My rides sit most of the winter if not all winter. I just sometimes get out if we have a decent temps one weekend.

·
Registered
83 Posts
It's supposed to warm up here in the next few days to above 0, I guess 32 for you so I might get out and ride after some of the snow melts but it's been a little cold here it was -17 yesterday, around 1 Fahrenheit, had the Gator running, fires up like a champ when it's that cold!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did a little riding last Sunday. This thing has got plenty of power and torq and will spin the piss out of the 29.5 OL2s. I pulled a jeep grand cherokee out 3 times and crossed a creek about knee deep or deeper in spots about a bazillion times. It gets a little warm in the cab, so I definitly had to open the front window, but it would be nice for cold weather. A little noisey in the cab, but the radio drains that out. It is not an unbareably noisey.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments and fire away at the questions. Next weekend it is warm enough I will ride down at Enid Lake.

·
Registered
6 Posts
How about "pathfinder"? That rzr is wide... How do you like the rsk trying to decide whether to add a rzr or rsk to my 825 do a lot of mud riding

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very nice, how do you like the rear shield? Does it help?
I like the rear shield a lot!!!! It is a must if you have a front shield. See, if you just have a front shield, the dust hits the front, rolls over the roof, and hits you in the back of the head. With the rear shield, it falls into the bed. It is also nice to break the wind and help keep you clean.

How about "pathfinder"? That rzr is wide... How do you like the rsk trying to decide whether to add a rzr or rsk to my 825 do a lot of mud riding
It is a wide machine. It is hard to say which one I like better. I like both of them. The rzr is fun only and the gator is fun and work. I have not been able to get the RSX out on the trails yet, only here in the mud. So far so good in the mud. It has been a big hit around here. End of this month I am heading to western Arkansas to try the RSX out on the trails. One good thing about the RZR is there is so much aftermarket goodies out there. The RSX is so new, it is just now getting some attention. In time there will be a lot out there. What kind of riding do you do??? All the time mud riding????

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you don't like the John Deere version, which is pricey and nice and worth it, you could go with the Tusk foldable plastic version. It is better than nothing. You will have to get the one that fits a Yamaha Rhino thou. I prefer the JD version.

·
Registered
163 Posts
If you don't like the John Deere version, which is pricey and nice and worth it, you could go with the Tusk foldable plastic version. It is better than nothing. You will have to get the one that fits a Yamaha Rhino thou. I prefer the JD version.
I already ordered one from my JD Dealer. :D

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good Deal!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Do you know is anybody making a skidplate, I wrecked mine!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Deere has the stock one and a aluminum one.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Maybe I'll look into the aluminum one, but if it mounts up the same as the stock one I don't know if it will work any better.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Got hung up on a stump and the teeth on the front of the plate pulled out of the frame and bent the skid plate up, where I am taking this thing there is a ton of rocks and this design will not hold up if it got pulled out on one little stump, just looking for something a little tougher.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts