John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have replaced 5 rubber boots on my drive shaft and 2 bearings. I have contacted JD service and 2 dealers - none can explain why this is happening. My Gator has only 388 hours and is used for light farm work. Can anyone shed some light on this problem for me - particularly why it keeps happening? Is anyone else experiencing similar problems? If I need to post this in a different area, please advise..

·
Registered
2 Posts
see my thread posted 12-13-2012

This is a COMMON problem with all newer xuv's...and John Deere is aware of the problem. go up to my post and print it out, and take it to your dealership. stay after your service manager. they should replace/repair those CV joints/bearings etc. for little or no cost to you. JD has set a precedent with our gator and our neighbors 2 gators. Everyone I know who has a xuv gator is having the same problem with bearings. Some folks were told by the dealership/service "oh they all do that". or "just drive it a while it will get better". or "the wheels are out of sync, just backup 20 feet and it will take care of the problem." The problem will never go away until it repaired with quality parts. good luck. stay on your dealership.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gator problems

Thank you so much for your response. I can assure you WV gator owners will get this message loud and clear. I just had my main mechanic at my dealer express to me that the reason this keeps hapening is because of cheap parts made in China and John Deer knows about this. I think its time for JD to step up and correct these problems.

Limeflex

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
620 drive shaft bearing and boot problems

Doodle

Thought you might be interested in the response I finally got from my dealer regarding the drive shaft problem. The dealer admitted that there is a problem with the aligment of the shaft and that seems to be causing the bearings to go bad. There experimental answer to this is to shim up the bearing and that seems to be working. I was also told that since my 2010 gator is out of warranty that I would have to pay all the cost for repair. I responded with a simple question asking that if John Deer knows about this, and when I purchased my Gator there were no shims under the bearings, then why do I have to pay all the cost for repair? The answer I got was that until JD issues a recall the dealer canot repair the machine without cost to the customer. The dealer did agree to ship me the shims and said I could repair the gator myself if I wanted to. My next conversation will be with consumer protection and the Attorney General's office.

Limeflex

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.