John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats everyone using? I used Pyle speakers in my last UTV and the RSX is asking me to add tunes to it so who am I to argue?!?!?!

Lets hear what your running for equipment and your thoughts. :eek:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am in the process of building an overhead console. It started from 3/8" marine plywood, which I reinforced with fiberglass. I have it out for paint right now. (JD Green!)

It will house a Jensen marine receiver with 4 Jensen 6.5" coax speakers. I also am putting a receiving dock for my Sirius radio head along with a Shakspeare Sirius antenna.

I'll post pics when complete

·
Registered
242 Posts
Sounds cool... definitely post pics

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had my son install a clarion deck with 6 - 6" speakers along with a 10 inch woofer powered by a 800 amp. It will defanately shake the roof on my RSX. But I wanted to have a good stereo for once in my life. lol

·
Registered
904 Posts
I went with the deere set-up.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
how do u like the deere setup batman? i am in the process of finally buying a RSX (me and the gf broke up so i have found some money imagine that) :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I got some wake board speakers being painted JD green/Yellow and a Rockford Fosgate Punch Marine amp 300 x 2 on the way. I got some plans sketched up stay tuned...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Im using Bazooka marine wake speakers. My buddy has fosgates on his Ranger though. Very nice speakers, I bet the paint job looks right.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Think Batman has the Deere set up. I've considered adding roof speakers as well. The gators pretty loud and some songs get distorted by the time they're loud enough to be heard.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Nah the bazookas are very loud. You can hear them fine at trail speeds. But on the highway it's very hard.

·
Registered
904 Posts
how do u like the deere setup batman? i am in the process of finally buying a RSX (me and the gf broke up so i have found some money imagine that) :D
I like the Deere setup. Simple and fits.

So has anyone used the deere setup yet im just wanting something simple to install that is loud
It is loud. Just the sound quality is not as good at loud. Thinking about adding a amp and now speakers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Off-Road Forums mobile app

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Well They are in temporary amp setup until my roof comes in. Sounds good amp has a lot of power!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Looks good!
Can we get a build sheet and some mounting specs please.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks good!
Can we get a build sheet and some mounting specs please.
I will put it together now that it is complete. I am pretty pleased with the outcome. :D

·
Registered
159 Posts
Looks nice. That's the same way I have the amp mounted in mine. The roof fits over it fine.

·
Registered
153 Posts
That looks really nice daver!

I wonder if I could fit an overhead gun rack in there still with that setup??

1 - 20 of 27 Posts