John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 825i with the deluxe cab (full length glass doors and glass windshield) and I need to replace all four of the hydraulic lift cylinders (one for each door and two for the windshield). I’m having trouble stomaching the green and yellow price for the oem cylinders. Anyone find a good replacement or aftermarket option? Part number VGA12145? Random I know, but I have learned a lot from this forum before. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I’ve see they are $170+ on some sites. Here is a place that has them for approximately $125 if that helps. John Deere Cylinder Kit - VGA12145

I’d research various gas strut suppliers and see if they have something that matches up. Sometimes the numbers printed on the strut can help ID. JD prevents suppliers from participating in aftermarket, so they can charge whatever they want.

How long did the originals last?

If you find a substitution please share with group.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I certainly will share if a substitute option is found. Might have to order a few and see what I can make work. The originals lasted about ten years. Nothing wrong with their quality imo, just like saving money when and where I can. Thanks for the reply as always!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From what I have found the seemingly inflated price on this one is at least partially due to the manufacturer of the lift cylinder. I have found what seems to be a good aftermarket option. Similar in compressed length, stroke length, extended length and force (220n vs 200n). I got them on lift supports depot website. Part number PM3214E32-W. They were 28 each with free shipping. I’ll report back when I get them to confirm they work, but seem to be close enough to the same so far. Here’s to hoping!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aside from a small difference in length (which doesn’t seem to make a difference) and a difference on the ends (which does cause a bit of rubbing against the plastic connector piece) they are an exact fit for the original! I have included a pic of the difference between the ends. You could likely just take the edge of the new one and solve the problem. I just let the new one cut some small grooves in the plastic piece and they worked just fine.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts