John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently picked up an E-gator project. I had a fair amount of rust to deal with and am in the process of repainting. The rear axle has oil seepage (where the axle tube enters the differential and at brakes). I was aiming to put in new seals, bearings, and brake shoes. However, I called my local dealer for prices and was a bit taken aback. Bearings: $75 each, diff seals $70 each, outer seals $12 each, and brake shoes $146 each side. So, roughly $600 in parts to deal with an oil leak! I'll likely just live with the oil seepage. With regenerative braking, less than optimum brakes shouldn't be an issue.
On these E-gators, it appears that JD utilized some golf cart parts. Does anyone know if this is the case on the rear axle assembly? If so, help with cross referencing part numbers would be super helpful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So here's what I found out: EZGO txt golf cart parts seem to fit. The axle shafts are different than the EZGO txt, but otherwise, parts seem match. The brake pads are a direct match (about $20 for both sides on amazon). I got golf cart bearings and seals also, but haven't installed them yet.
I took the plunge and purchased a limited slip differential kit. In the process, I found very little oil and a few missing teeth on my main drive gear. I've taken a break from the project, but thinking about getting back into it as we get some warmer weather.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Thank you for updating your post with great information about your progress and substitute parts.

Is it possible to provide pn’s of the substitute parts to make it easier for others to find or insure they get the correct parts?

Can you post photos of the gear teeth damage?

Thanks again.

Reactions: Bradhill
1 - 3 of 3 Posts