John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 825I and as soon as it got cold outside (below 40F) I started to hear a lot of strange noises from under the gator, it sounds like it starts under my feet and goes to the rear. I sounds like a metal on metal clank. I put the machine up on jacks and tried to find the noise but it did not make the noise then. I then left the machine in the heated shop over night and the next morning drove it, no noises. I thought maybe it was the transmission oil getting thick in cold weather so I changed the tranny fluid but that did not correct the issue. I have crawled up under it and shook the h--- out everything trying to isolate the noise with no success.

Has anyone else ran into this issue?

Thanks again,
Dave

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does it happen in 2wd or 4wd?
It happens in both 2 or 4wd, and it doesn't matter if you have the rear differential locked or not.

When I first started to hear it, I didn't correlate it to the weather, and thought the rear end was starting to fail. It sounded like the Anti-slip system in the differential was making the noise. But after I had it in the garage to try to find the noise and it warmed up the noise stopped. I have since then taken it outside and let it sit in the cold and the noise will return and then after allowing it to warm up in the garage the noise disappears.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts